Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Seven things you don't need to know about me.

I previously wrote on the 5 things you don't know about me. Recently I was tagged by Lee Mowbray and Sue Tapp, so here goes. Here are my 7 things:
  1. I am in a bushwalking club that I have resisted joining for four years. Husband has asked me every time and finally I have agreed. I do love bushwalking.
  2. I have a cat, called Muffin. I would love to have a dog as well, but am worried about the commitment
  3. In my recent cleanup I gave 40 bags of books I no longer needed to the op shop. They were books from all phases of my life, early parenting, feminism, theology, science teaching, herb gardening, extreme cookery. I kept all the literary books and some of my favourites in the other categories
  4. My daughter moved out of home recently and left behind her distillery for making mead. I am going to get rid of it.
  5. I was born with polydactyly. Two of my children have it as well. My extra fingers were completely normal and functioning (removed by surgery when I was 6 weeks old) but my children had fingers that were attached to their hands by skin. They did not have to have surgery to remove them.
  6. I couldn’t speak English till I was five. My first language was Dutch. I have lost this language now, as I didn’t speak it regularly. I can still understand and read it though, and often my mother speaks to me in Dutch and I answer in English
  7. I go to the gym nearly every day and have a personal trainer. I am hoping to see some good results for all this investment in my time.
Bob on our recent walk in Sassafras

14 comments:

  1. So nice to know more! I enjoy our PLN friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Jo. I'm very impressed with your commitment to the gym. This meme is great, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your 7 things Jo. Its been really nice to find out a little more about the people in our PLN :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Distillery? Why would you need to distill mead? Just honey, water, yeast, and time, right? It would be interesting to know what her process is/was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How interesting to read about you. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing. Bush walking sounds interesting. Do you see a lot of wildlife on these walks?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Nedra sometime we see birds and recently I saw an echidna http://flickr.com/photos/30688696@N00/3161890135/coming back from a beach walk

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was great learning more about you! I hope one day to visit you so you can take me bushwalking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. John thought you went bushwhacking! Neat to learn things you don't know about people you've met online!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @loonyhiker that would be great! I would love you to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it so hard to get rid of books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for giving us a glimpse into your life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Paul, it is hard to see them go, especially if they were hard to get in the first place and they were really important to you at an earlier stage. But I figured that I have got what I could out of them and it's time they were passed on.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good post Jo. Thank you. I wish you hadn't tagged me.!!

    Now I'll have to bore people with things they don't know about me or even more worryingly things they probably don't wish to know about me...:-)

    No seriously, thanks. I'll get back to you soon:-)

    ReplyDelete