Friday, December 19, 2008

Bookjewel and me


In 2009 Julie Squires and I have a unique opportunity to have our classes collaborate as we are working for sister schools (My school came into being after having spent a year in her school). We got together today to chat about it. I have been following Julie for some time on twitter and plurk but I didn't realise quite how much she has to teach me and how much we will learn together. She is an "ideas person" and I can see that both lots of students will benefit greatly from being able to collaborate. Julie is an English teacher-librarian and author of Learning Gems, and I became more and more aware as we talked that she and I have a lot in common. One of the ideas we have of a project (there were so many flying back and forth) was a collaborative literature circles group. It was great to meet with her and i look forward to working with her in 2009.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow that is simply amazing, congratulations to the both of you and hope everything goes well
    Bridget Larsen
    Canberra Australia
    http://bridgetlarsen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to swap ideas with someone on the same page, Jo! Lovely to meet you face-to face. Isn't it amazing how natural it seems to meet someone you 'know' online? Looking forward to developing our project for 2009

    ReplyDelete