Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Podcasting revisited

I just spent some time listening to Aussie biology teacher Andrew Douch speaking about how he is using technology in his biology classes on this elluminate session. It's the why and how of his talk, the philosophy of teaching and learning that I found so engaging. He makes a number of great points and gives us his take on what questions he needs to answer about a new technology before he would consider taking it up in his classroom. I do recommend that you give "Podcasts, vodcasts, screencasts, discussions and blogs: new teaching with Andrew Douch" a listen, it's very inspiring. Just what I needed at this end of the term. While I'm on the topic, if you like what you hear you may like to give this a listen as well. LOTE teacher Jess McCulloch interviews Andrew, as well as all about podcasting - what it is and how to get started doing it. Great stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment