Friday, March 07, 2008

Inspired to blog

It's late and I've been feeling that I have neglected this blog lately. This week the students at my school have been on camps, retreats and work experience - the whole school goes out at once and gets it over with in one hit, so I haven't been in the classroom. But now I'm listening to a podcast I've just heard about through a new blogger I've just started following on Twitter, Jenny Luca. The podcast is the SOS podcast with Jeff Utecht and David Carpenter. SOS stands for "Shifting our schools," and here they highlight events and people in Educational Technology. They speak about inspiring teachers they know and about the ideas these teachers are exploring in their classrooms. It's great and they have reinspired me to write tonight. And then I got an email from Evie, a Year 8 student who had been on the Melbourne City Camp letting me know that she had blogged about her experience. Have a read: My Friends, My Life, My Shoes

2 comments:

  1. Check out this blog; follows Twitter too.
    http://putnamfl.blogspot.com/2008/02/reflections-on-teaching.html

    Alyson LID 01/27/06

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo

    I too enjoyed Evie's post. Is it your class' blog? Some are doing a great job. Loved her comments on reading and reflection.

    ReplyDelete