Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Two years on the job


Happy birthday to me! It's my two year blogaversary today. In that two years I have learned, I have gained.... it's hard to know where to start. I am a very different person because of blogging. I have met some wonderful, intersting and passionate people that I never would have met otherwise, some even face to face. I have taken risks and beamed with excitement. I have been deeply impressed by what my students have produced in their learnings with blogging. I have thought about questions that I didn't even know were questions. I have become involved with Twitter, a sphere all of its own. I have practiced writing and thinking a whole lot more than I would have done if I hadn't blogged. I have renewed my passion for learning and teaching and the future of education. I have lost a lot of sleep, but enjoyed it immensely. I have talked to people at all hours of the day and night. I particularly remember talking to Lani on Skype about one of my students' blog entries. Talk about cooperative teaching. I have felt the walls recede a bit from my classroom. I have loved it and I thank you all for making this journey so great. And the birthday cake is for all of you. (picture credit: http://karenswhimsy.com/birthday-greetings.shtm)

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 2 years of blogging!

    I've only been a reader for about a quarter of that time and was loving it from the start. Great to read/see another "down under" perspective... keep up the blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo, quite a few teachers have tried blogging since you started and faded from view - in the exponential world of modern communications, that makes you a venerable veteran of Aussie edublogging. I am proud that we encouraged each other in the early days when our blog subscriptions were in the single digits and I'm really looking forward to catching up with you at and after the IGS gig at the end of August. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo,

    I love this reflective post and I wanted to wish you a happy birthday! The writing and thinking that evolves because of blogging is powerful. The more students we can get involved in that powerful writing, thinking, reflecting, the better! Best to you...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo,

    Blogging certainly plays with the boundaries of classrooms and learning, doesn't it? I share many of your same feelings!

    Happiest of birthdays!
    Lani

    ReplyDelete
  5. emilly3:49 am

    congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy blogaversary to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jo, Happy Blogging Birthday! So pleased to be able to read your thoughts and ongoing classroom experiences in the southern hemisphere while on a northern hemisphere holiday...keeps my in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have loved reading your posts these two years, Jo. I look forward to reading them for many more years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A belated, but very BIG congratulations on your special birthday. I love demonstrating your blog to people, and always recommend it to secondary teachers in particular! You welcomed me into the blogosphere - and you remain an inspiration to me and many others. Fabulous, just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete