Thursday, May 03, 2007

A student writes....

Every year when I start blogging with my classes I get some students who are natural born writers and who show this in the blog entries. And every year they are different sorts of writers. Like this student, Miranda, the blog that they do in my class is often not their only outlet for writing. Miranda writes:
"But, first of all I wanted to talk about writing. I absolutely love writing, and it’s what I spend most of my time doing –I write to penpals, epals, people I know, myself; I keep several blogs, a journal, several folders full of random ramblings, poetry, songs, fanfiction, stories, characters… And after all this, I still don’t know what career I’m going to choose. I’d love to be something to do with writing, but my problem is I don’t know what, or even if I’m good enough… All I know is that I really love writing."
Don't you just love it? And there's more where that comes from. Surprisingly she finishes:
"…And I will shut up about my story and Cael. I could go on forever, and I doubt anyone is reading this. X)"
I am continually amazed at the power of the internet and the delicious diversity among students we teach.

1 comment:

  1. Annabel10:40 pm

    Hi Jo

    It was great to meet you last night and share our teaching ideas and experiences.

    I wish I could do more lesson planning on the Yarra.

    I hope you were able to use some of the lesson ideas. I plan on using "ABC Graffiti" tomorrow to brainstorm about the novel The Giver by Lois Lowry which we are reading as a class.

    Happy Blogging
    Annabel

    ReplyDelete