Saturday, April 14, 2007

A peaceful holiday and blogging students

Just spent a few days at Robe. In the off season, Robe is a sleepy old historic fishing village in South Australia. It has a special place in my memory as Bob and I spent part of our honeymoon there 25 years ago. So we went back these holidays. This photo is from the balcony of our apartment overlooking the boat haven. The photo recreates the sense of peace there was in Robe. I have never been there when it gets busy but I am told it is frenetic. The photo also shows the beautiful weather we had while we were away. I guess this memory will be very important for me as we launch into second term at school. I am looking forward to introducing digital citizenship to my Year 7s this term as they start blogging in the next few weeks. I'll put up the link when we get going.

I would also love to have some students to interact with my Year 9s as they blog. You can see that class blog and all the students in the blogroll at The Future of Learning. If you are an educator who blogs maybe you could pass this message on.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Artichoke9:43 pm

    Hi Jo - will pass on the link to some of the high school teachers we work with in NZ and hope that one of them will see an opportunity for their kids in this.

    ReplyDelete