Saturday, December 09, 2006

International Collaboration: The Flat Classroom Project

The most amazing collborative project is happening over at the Flat Classroom project. Read about it here and here. It is a collaboration between Vicki Davis' students in Georgia and Julie Lindsay's students in Bangladesh so that they could interact and discuss and develop links with other students from 'the other side of the flat world'. For three weeks students from International School Dhaka, Bangladesh Grade 11 ITGS class and students from Westwood Schools Grade 10 computer class will discuss life from their side of the world based on the selected 'flatteners' as per Thomas Friedman's book The World is Flat. The students' wiki is here and if you are following the changes as I have been you can see a vital and engaged set of students who, as Vicki says, are wanting to come to school on a Saturday to keep learning and collaborating. As usual it isn't only the students who are learning and the resource the students are making will be fantastic for others to learn from as well.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for being involved in this project. You are an amazing educator and you may not remember it, but you were an early encourager to me when I first started blogging. I have admired you ever since. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:40 pm

    Hi there,

    Your blog is great, I will be sure to find some time to look at it more thoroughly, but I just wanted to say how excited I was to find a fellow Australian edublogger! I have just started my own and would love it if you had a look :-)

    I'm a Victorian English teacher too, so I am sure that I will be spending a bit of time here

    ReplyDelete