Sunday, August 20, 2006

Writely's back for new users

Writely has just opened again for new users. I've been using it to write my thesis and it's great. It's so easy to use and I can work on it at any computer connected to the intenet and save it. As the front page says:
  • Share documents instantly & collaborate real-time. Pick exactly who can access your documents.
  • Edit your documents from anywhere. Nothing to download -- your browser is all you need.
  • Store your documents securely online. Offsite storage plus data backup every 10 seconds.
  • Easy to use. Clean, uncluttered screens with a familiar, desktop feel.
Definitely very Web 2.0, however you define this term. But it's still in beta so I better save to ny USB drive as well, I think

4 comments:

  1. How exciting. I was just recently thinking about the best way to store an online calendar (that i design) to be accessed by more than just myself, without ending up with numerous versions floating around the world.

    I'll defintaley take a look at this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo,
    Thanks for checking in and saying Hi on my 'heyjude' blog. I am really interested in what you are doing and the type of ideas you are tossing around are really great.

    I am also going to check out Writely, as I have not taken a look at it. You comment about using Writely for taking your own notes and pooling your own ideas in one spot is an excellent on. Might help me with my thesis too!

    Thanks for the tip, Judy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another observation about Writely - it seems to be a Google product now! and a colleague at work got an email inviting them back to Writely! Did you find out this way too Jo?

    Googlization of Web 2.0 continues. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Judy, I found out through Nancy White at http://www.fullcirc.com/weblog/2006/08/writely-is-back-open.htm
    You're right, it was bought by Google.

    ReplyDelete