Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Primary school podcasters

I would just like to feature some of the people who have listed themselves on the Directory of Australian edubloggers. A recent listing is by Paul Fuller who says:
“I am the teacher of a Year 4 / 5 class in Western Australia, and I am passionate about using technology to enhance learning outcomes across the curriculum. My latest project is a class podcast that the students write and record themselves. As you will hear in our podcast, this medium is an incredibly engaging way of encouraging students to write and reflect on their learning.”
I have listened to the students’ podcasts and was again amazed at how well these primary-school students present. It’s very professional. Currently there are thirty one edubloggers and podcasters listed in the Directory. Go on over and have a look if you want inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. So cool! Imagine how good it'd be if YOU could pick up a recording of your year 4 assembly. Imagine how cool it'd be if your great grand kids could pick that up some day! I just had to email them and tell them how cool they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo
    I found your blog today and I was suprised to see that teachers are so much into web technology (especially the Web 2.0 technologies). I think it's great that you and your colleagues make use of it. I remember my school days and we actually had a teacher back then who said (quote): "The Internet will go as fast as it came". Well, I'd love to see that teacher again sometime...

    Anyway, since you guys are familiar with web technologies I was wondering if you might be interested in Pageflakes. It's a personalized start page (yes, I know, there are quite a few out there). However, it's not just a start page for a single user but also for teams and groups. I thought it might be an interesting tool for you and your colleagues to create shared pages where you add note modules, tasks and todo lists, shared contacts, schedules and news feeds. It's quite simple - just go to www.pageflakes.com, get a free account and then setup your own, personalized page. You can then either leave it in "private" mode, or change it to "shared" (invited teacher colleagues can use and edit it) or "publish" (everyone can see it, but only you can edit it).

    Please feel free to contact me if you have any suggestions or questions.

    With best regards
    Tegan Harris
    tegan@pageflakes.com

    ReplyDelete