Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Research

In my research for my Masters thesis I will be looking for "evidence of authentic language and learning" in the small group discussions of literature in my Year Nine English classroom. I looked at this in 2005 and will implement Literature Circles again this year. My thesis will use my learnings from both classes. I am interested in reading more of Louise Rosenblatt's writings and other Reader Response theorists, to help me think about the kinds of discriminations the students might make in response to texts when reading and discussing their novels in Literature Circles. These holidays are well timed this year giving me, it seems acres of space and expanses of time to read and think creatively. I'm sure I won't feel that on the 27th March when school goes back. But it is how I feel now.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: Here is the Vygotsky link:

    http://marxists.org/archive/vygotsky/index.htm

    ReplyDelete