Monday, October 03, 2005

Listening and Learning

Over the last two weeks I have been doing a lot of learning by reading blogs and listening to podcasts, by finding resources in my areas of interest, including the latest area of the use of interactive whiteboards and putting them in my del.icio.us, even watching recordings of elluminate sessions which were part of an online conference on Cool Tools. I have even done most of my marking and planned the lessons I will be teaching in the next little while. I have also been reading for my Masters, including John Dewey’s Experience and Education and Douglas Barnes From Communication to Curriculum; oldies but goodies, especially in the light of the debates on education which are going on at the moment.
Some links I have enjoyed lately:
Fred's World for Blogaholics Anonymous
Sandra Effinger for Resources for secondary English Teachers
Dick Hardt’s presentation on Identity 2.0 is entertaining and informative, and his style is inspiring. Thanks to Martha Burtis for this.
Now I know I will get overwhelmed again when school goes back tomorrow but for now I feel rich and inspired and full of good will.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link. I can hardly wait to compile them all and see what the entire list looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for those resources! Lots of information to read and consider..Especially like th Cool Tools link.

    Thanks again!

    Cheers!

    db

    ReplyDelete