Tuesday, September 27, 2005

What I love about the internet

What I love about the internet

Looking at this post on the Remote Access blog led me to Darren Kuropatwa’s blog and a video. Watching it I hear Yvonne Hutchinson say, “This is what we call ‘metacognition’” (a recent topic of mine.) This is the real open classroom. Going public with teaching. This is brave – it’s easy to judge others (I found myself thinking that Yvonne was taking centre stage a bit too much) but would we do it, so others could learn? She is obviously a great teacher.

Then here I was checking out Edblogger Praxis and I found Teachers Improving Learning with Technology. Some good reading, listening and viewing here.

1 comment:

  1. It was great to surf into your open classroom and read the reflections you have shared with us.
    I teach EFL in a secondary school in Brazil and I am also experimenting with all sorts of tools in the classroom. Together with Aaron Campbell and Rudolf Ammann , educators based in Japan, we are trying to bring learners together through open blogging and peer to peer networking. Join us at
    Dekita.org

    ReplyDelete